Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Natural and Nourishing Body Wash

6 cups distilled water
½ bar of shea butter soap
½ cup coconut oil (I use Tropical Traditions)
1 Tbsp. Bentonite clay
Neem leaf extract
Lavender essential oil

 
Directions:
To make the body wash, start by roughly chopping one half of a bar of shea butter soap.
Blend it to a fine powder.
Add the soap and the distilled water to a large pot over medium high heat until the soap is melted (this part takes a while).
After the soap has melted, add the coconut oil.
Once that has melted, it’s time to add the clay. I would recommend adding some water to the clay to make a paste, and then adding the paste to the pot. This step makes it easier to incorporate.
 
After making sure that everything is melted and mixed well, remove the pot from the heat and pour the soap mixture into your containers. As the soap cools, the elements will start to separate, so just give it a stir every once in a while.

Once your containers are cool to the touch, add the neem extract and lavender EO. For each of my standard-sized mason jars, I added 10 drops of neem extract and 15 drops of lavender EO. The neem extract smells pretty weird, so the extra lavender really helps. :-)
And that’s all there is to it! I’m really pleased with how this body wash experiment turned out. It makes my skin sooo soft, and I know that all of the ingredients I used are natural and beneficial for my skin. I hope you like it too!
 
www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment